What is Primordial Sound Meditation ?
Primordial Sound Meditation Technique
Primordial Sound Meditation (PSM), is a healing practice that allow us to experience inner calm and deep relaxation. Eastern philosophies from thousands and thousands of years ago, people have used meditation to move beyond their mind's busy internal dialogues, and emotional upheavals into very profound peace and state of awareness
Primordial sound Meditation isn't about forcing your mind to be quiet; it's about experiencing the quiet that is already there!
There are many ways to meditate, the Chopra Centre offers instruction on PSM, a powerful meditation technique engrained in the Vedic tradition of India. Founders Deepak Chopra and David SImon have revived this ancient practice of sound meditation so it could be taught correctly by a qualified teacher, where people could easily access and made it available in a format that is easy to learn for the everyday householder. A powerful tool that anyone can use on one's journey of life.
The mantra you will receive is the vibration the universe was making at the time date and place of your birth, and it is calculated using Vedic mathematic formulas. When you silently repeat your mantra in meditation, it creates a vibration that helps you slip into the space between your thoughts.
When you use the silent sound meditation, it helps to interrupt the constant internal dialogue that you're having with yourself regularly.
The only lifestyle change you need to make is to be able to close your eyes, sit comfortably for 20 minutes twice a day.
Extensive research has shown that regular Meditation practice produces -
* Decreased blood pressure and hypertension
* Lowered cholesterol levels
* Reduced production of “stress hormones,” and Burnout.
* Decreased anxiety, depression, and insomnia
* Enhances your concentration and ability to learn
* Improved immune function
* Helps you create more harmonious and loving relationships
* Improves your creativity and problem solving skills
* More efficient oxygen use by the body
* Increased production of the anti-aging hormone DHEA